st: Tests of overidentifying restrictions after xtivreg2

From   "Lim Boon Leong" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Tests of overidentifying restrictions after xtivreg2
Date   Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:48:24 +0800

Dear Statalisters,

I have estimated the following equation by using xtivreg2, gmm function:

xtivreg2 lsalary ceodual ........ (ownexr ownex2r ownex3r L.ldiv
L.debt=lrisk ..., fe gmm cluster(id) small ffirst

The test results turn out fine.  But when I continue with the xtoverid test
after the above estimation,

xtoverid, cluster(id)

the following error message appears:

xtoverid error: internal reestimation of eqn differs from original

I read the help file of xtoverid and it is mentioned that it supports
xtivreg2.  May I know what is the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Lim Boon Leong