st: mixlogit log normal distribution restriction problems

From   Sorada Tapsuwan <sorada_tapsuwan@hotmail.com>
To   STATA-FORUM <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: mixlogit log normal distribution restriction problems
Date   Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:34:36 +0700

Hi
I'm trying to estimate a mixlogit model and restrict a number of random variables to follow a lognormal distribution using the command ln(#).
However, when I ran the model it gave me an error message that says "Variables specified to have log-normally distributed coefficients should have positive coefficients in the conditional logit model. Try multiplying the variable by -1."
I have about 4 variables that have -ve coefficient values in the clogit model but none of them were significantly different from zero, so it's not like the coefficient is definitely -ve. So I figured that if I try to estimate them using mixlogit and restrict them to follow a lognormal distribution they should be okay but STATA doesn't like it. How can I then restrict these 4 variables to follow a lognormal distribution then?
Would anyone be able to help me with this problem. How can I overcome this constraint?
Thanks