re: st: SPHDIST, creating pairs

From   Christopher Baum <kitbaum@mac.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   re: st: SPHDIST, creating pairs
Date   Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:39:36 -0500

<>
Tomeka said

I am trying to calculate distance between two points using longitude and latitude data.  I have come across 2 different Stata commands to do this - SPHDIST and VICENTY.  I have not been able to install the VICENTY command.  It appears from previous StataList posts that there might be problems associated with it and therefore it is temporarily unavailable (right?).

There is no problem whatsoever with vincenty, except that its name contains two n's. I just installed it

ssc install vincenty

and ran all of the examples in the help file without any difficulty.

Kit Baum
SSC Archive maintainer