st: Why my codes run well on version 9.1 but not on version 10

From   Quang Nguyen <quangn@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Why my codes run well on version 9.1 but not on version 10
Date   Thu, 25 Feb 2010 02:38:31 -1000

Dear all:

We have a small program which run well on Stata version 9.1. However,
when we run it on Stata/SE 10, there is a message like " recode only
runs with numeric variable". We check and find that Stata just
automatically drop some variables in the in-between steps. This
happens as we run the program as a whole. If we run the program comand
by comand it works well. Do you know wht amight cause this, and what
is the solution.

Many thanks!

--
"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person,
he believed in me." - Jim Valvano