st: RE: Reading large data sets in Stata

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Reading large data sets in Stata
Date   Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:44:07 +0100

<>

You want to start at http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/howbig.html

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Jibonayan
Raychaudhuri
Sent: Montag, 22. Februar 2010 16:36
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Reading large data sets in Stata

Dear Statalist Users,

I have a large data set with  48249390 observations (rows) and 37 variables
(columns). I am currently using SAS 9.1 to work on this data set. I want to
use Stata/MP to work on this data set. I have version 11.0/MP (dual core).
Could anyone please let me know a computer specification (i.e. hardware
specifications) that will enable me to work on this data set with Stata
11.0? I need to enter the data, generate variables, sort, etc. Thanks in
advance for the help.

Best Regards,
Jibonayan