st: RE: RE: How to update a command to a newer version

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: How to update a command to a newer version
Date   Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:29:51 -0000

Strictly, it requires an upgrade. Upgrades to new versions are what you
pay for, -update-s within versions come free. In this case the upgrade
would be from 9 to 11.

Martin Weiss

That requires you to update your entire Stata. -help whatsnew9to10-
that this was a new feature for Stata 10. You cannot cherrypick commands
update them without the rest...

Xiaolan Yu

I am using Stata 9, in which the command "mkmat" doesn't allow me to
rownames. Does anyone know how I can update this command to the newer
version described on Stata website that allows for rowname