Re: st: net awareness and security

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: net awareness and security
Date   Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:39:17 +0000

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Airey, David C
<> wrote:
> .
> Stata can grab data sets off the internet.
> Does it do it in a way that is safe? Does my virus/malware software see what it is doing?

I'd imagine that would depend on what virus/malware software you are
running (and which operating system you are doing this under).

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -