st: RE: Stata programming question

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Stata programming question
Date   Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:47:25 +0100

Change the -varlist- in the last loop according to your taste and needs:

set obs 1000

//get date
foreach var of newlist dep1-dep44{
	gen byte `var'=runiform()<.4

gen cov1=rnormal()
gen cov2=rnormal(2,4)

//get reg and preds

foreach var of varlist dep1-dep44{
	logit `var' cov?
	predict p_`var'

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Data Analytics
Sent: Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 23:17
Subject: st: Stata programming question

I have a simple programming problem, and since I'm not familiar with
Stata programming I need some help.

I have to do 44 logit regressions and predictions where the only thing
that changes from regression to regression is the dependent variable.
Each regression uses a subset of the data.  At the end of each
regression, I predict the dependent variable for the remaining portion
of the data, saving the prediction as p_dependentVariableName.  I'd like
to create a loop where the dependent variable will change in each pass
through the loop and that variable name will be attached to p_ for the

How can I do this?  Any help is appreciated.

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.
44 Hamilton Lane
Plainsboro, NJ 08536