st: function evaluator program

From   "Nelson, Carl" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: function evaluator program
Date   Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:04:09 -0600

I am writing a function evaluator program to estimate a generalized McFadden
profit function with convexity imposed using nlsur. As I have been writing
this the question arose why scalars must be dereferenced like local macros.
I assume it is because of the functional evaluator program. But I can't
find any documentation of function evaluator programs. I am writing to ask
if someone can direct me to references that would improve my understanding
of this issue.

Carl Nelson
University of Illinois