st: xtmelogit model not converging

From   "Hardy, Dale S" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: xtmelogit model not converging
Date   Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:38:10 -0600

I am sending this message again. It had the wrong subject heading.

I am running a logistic mixed model and the performing gradient-based optimization iterations are not concave, so the model is not converging. Can you tell me what can be wrong? How can I fix it?

The sample size is 117,894 observations for all variables. The model is specified below.

xi:xtmelogit hoscare i.race  i.agegroup  sex  i.marry  i.cancer_stage   i.dxyear_cate  i.comorbid || zipcoderesidence: race, intpoints(30) covariance (unstructured) or

Thanks a bunch.