Re: st: Sample selection in fixed effects model

From   "mw N. van Horen" <N.van.Horen@DNB.NL>
Subject   Re: st: Sample selection in fixed effects model
Date   Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:08:01 +0100

Dear Maarten

Thanks for your reply. There are ways around the problem that you mention.
In the literature a number of solutions are mentioned, most often a Heckman
two-stage method adapted to panel data or a ML method, which are applicable
to fixed effects models (see also Hsiao (2003) Analysis of panel data page
236).  However, I cannot find anyone using either one of these procedures
in stata and I am hoping someone has done this.

De Nederlandsche Bank
Economic Policy and Research Division / Research Department
tel: +31-20-5245704

Access my research papers at:
             Maarten buis
             Sent by:
             owner-statalist@h                                          cc
             du                                                    Subject
                                       Re: st: Sample selection in fixed
                                       effects model
             01/02/2010 16:21
             Please respond to