RE: st: RE: graphing trick

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: graphing trick
Date   Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:05:35 -0000

Code just means (here) Stata commands that you issued.

Debs Majumdar

I didn't use any code. I created the graph by using (painstakingly) the graph editor and making changes one by one. The question I have is there any way one can labels on the left and also the right of the graph window.

I just used graph hbox g1 g2 g3 g4 a1 a2 a3 a4 e1 e2 e3 e4 o1 o2 o3 o4   and then used graph editor (adding text) to put in the names on both sides of the graph.

----- Original Message ----
From: Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, January 14, 2010 11:49:11 AM
Subject: st: RE: graphing trick

It is difficult to comment on your code because you don't give any.

But I'd start with -graph box response, by(whatever, compact col(1))-.

  I have problem with the graph I have uploaded here (http://senduit.com/b01a92). Is there any trick to do this graph in one go. I tried out a few things but just couldn't do it. So, I spent almost 4 hours trying to come up with the graph (the one uploaoded) by using graph editor. The graph is a collection of boxplots. And it's labelling the y-axis on both sides which is what I need help with. On the LHS of the y-axis 4 different covariates are to be labeled and on the RHS of the graph, the different time points need to be labeled.