st: A question about nonlinear model estimation

From   Hidy Wen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: A question about nonlinear model estimation
Date   Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:11:08 +0800 (HKT)

Hi, everyone,

I would like to ask a question on how to effectively implement the estimation of my model in Stata.

I want to estimate by nonlinear least square a nonlinear model with some terms involving a year specific terms (or it can be expressed as a linear combination of a bunch of year dummies).  I also need to have two year-specific terms for each observation. Say

f_t*f_s

where t and s are different. So, even if the linear combination of dummies can be specified, I also need ways to evaluate this combination with a different set of year dummies in the same observation..

It looks like it would be tedious to implement this with nl by specifying them one by one. Are there any suggestions that I may try? Sorry if I have missed something in documentation or past questions in the list.

Thanks a lot,
Hidy Wen

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!