Re: st: RE: RE: AW: Taking mata views of ereturn stats?

From   Skipper Seabold <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: AW: Taking mata views of ereturn stats?
Date   Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:53:47 -0500

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Martin Weiss <> wrote:
> <>
> " without the row labels and the "box", ie., purely numeric (possibly
> even a rowvector"
> You can simply transpose it, of course: Just type "se'" in -mata-. But your
> wish makes me wonder: What do you ultimately want to do with the standard
> errors?

Well, since you ask...  the standard errors I just threw in as an
example since it seemed to need a few different commands.

I guess my ultimate goal is twofold, to learn more about mata (like I
said, fairly used to stata and other matrix languages, but obviously
not mata, and I'm a bit tired of always going back and forth) and
while I'm doing this I am checking some estimators I've written in
another language for correctness and numerical accuracy.  So right now
I'm copying and pasting some vectors and matrices.  I guess if I
wanted I could just iterate through the vector and write to an ASCII
file to have "cleaner" output.  In the end, I might end up writing a
program that does just this (or looking for one already written), once
I have a better idea of the capabilities, syntax, and what's already
out there.