st: AW: Dropping all missing values

Subject   st: AW: Dropping all missing values
Date   Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:37:47 +0100

<>

In most cases, -drop- is too draconian a measure to deal with the missing
problem, anyway. Just build up a binary variable for inclusion in an
estimation sample if you do not trust Stata to make sensible choices.

****
sysuse auto, clear
gen byte estsample=!mi(rep78, foreign)
regress price weight length trunk if estsample
****

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Mosi Ifatunji
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Dezember 2009 17:30
An: Statalist
Betreff: st: Dropping all missing values

Friends,

I am at the final stage of dataset preparation and would like to
remove all missing values. I know that I can drop all missing values
with the following syntax:

drop x1 if == .
drop x2 if == .

But, because I am going to have quite a few variables in the final
dataset, I would prefer as short a command syntax as possible. Of
course the goals of such an exercise is to ensure that all of my
analysis for this study is based on the same cases.

Thank you so much,

Mosi

--
Mosi A. Ifatunji, Ph.D. Candidate
ASA Pre-Doctoral Fellow

"Power concedes nothing without a demand."
                          - Frederick Douglass, 1857