Re: st: xtmixed & PROC MIXED

From   Lucas Goossens <>
Subject   Re: st: xtmixed & PROC MIXED
Date   Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:13:29 +0100

I also tried to reproduce results from SAS proc mixed in Stata.
Your discussion was very helpful to me, but there is still something that I do not understand. I got the same coefficients, standard errors covariances for all variables, but the variances as well as the constant in SAS were different from those in Stata.
Could anyone explain this?

Lucas Goossens, MSc
institute for Medical Technology Assessment (iMTA)
institute for Health Policy and Management (iBMG)
Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment section

Erasmus University Center
L3-092, Woudestein
Burg. Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA Rotterdam
P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam