st: RE: kappa agreement standard errors

From   "Weichle, Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: kappa agreement standard errors
Date   Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:02:44 -0600

Thanks Martin.  I was able to demonstrate that the kappa standard error
for the kap command comes from Fleiss, Cohen, and Everitt (1969) when
testing the hypothesis that the ratings are independent (so that the
underlying value of kappa is zero).  However, I still haven't figured
what calculation of the standard error was used in the kapci command.

Tom Weichle
Math Statistician
Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care (CMC3)
Hines VA Hospital, Bldg 1, C202
708-202-8387 ext. 24261