st: RE: Heterogeneity Index

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Heterogeneity Index
Date   Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:07:21 -0500

Diego Bellavia wrote:

>>This is more a general and basic stat question than an issue with STATA but hope you
will be supportive anyway, as always.
I would like to measure the amount of variability I have for one specific measure in 2 different groups
of patients. of course I could use the standard deviation for that but I would like also to
create an index of that variability and be able to compare that index between the 2 groups with a formal stat test.
Note that in this case I am not interested in central tendency measures (mean or median) but just in a way to quantitate
the variability, present that as an index and compare among 2 (or more) groups.
How would you proceed in STATA ? <<
-help robvar-