Statalist

st: RE: "no; data in memory would be lost" warning after preserve?

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: "no; data in memory would be lost" warning after preserve?
Date   Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:26:55 +0100

<>

-preserve- merely tells Stata to keep the option of -restore-ing afterwards
open, no more. The change flag "c(changed)" is still set to "1", and so
Stata prompts you to consider what you are about to do...

sysuse auto, clear
drop in 5
preserve
di "`c(changed)'"