Re: st: Still Thinking or Resisting

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Still Thinking or Resisting
Date   Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:23:25 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 3/12/09, javanfish <[email protected]> wrote:
> This experience is never ending. I generate twoway graphics
> by loop. It's about more than 10. And I combine them in a
> graphic. The problem that I encount is that the graphics do
> not appear when I maximize the size of graphic windows to
> the full screensize. I guess the size of memory is not the
> cause since it is 32GB. What could be the reasons? My
> current solution is to save all of codes and data before
> clicking the loop for graphics because I always need to stop
> STATA and I have lost some codes in every time. I hope to
> access Do-file editor and STATA even though the graphics are
> stuck. It could be a possible convenience.

This seems to be more a question for tech-support than the statalist.
(the difference is that statalist consists mainly of users, while
with tech support you are directly talking to StataCorp).
See: http://www.stata.com/support/tech-support/

There are tricks that you can use to create graphs that are use
less memory, see: Patrick Royston (2005) Stata tip 19: A way to
leaner, faster graphs. The Stata Journal, 5(2): 279.
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=gr0013

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie