Re: st: Still Thinking or Resisting

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Still Thinking or Resisting
Date   Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:23:25 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 3/12/09, javanfish <> wrote:
> This experience is never ending. I generate twoway graphics
> by loop. It's about more than 10. And I combine them in a
> graphic. The problem that I encount is that the graphics do
> not appear when I maximize the size of graphic windows to
> the full screensize. I guess the size of memory is not the
> cause since it is 32GB. What could be the reasons? My
> current solution is to save all of codes and data before
> clicking the loop for graphics because I always need to stop
> STATA and I have lost some codes in every time. I hope to
> access Do-file editor and STATA even though the graphics are
> stuck. It could be a possible convenience.

This seems to be more a question for tech-support than the statalist.
(the difference is that statalist consists mainly of users, while
with tech support you are directly talking to StataCorp).

There are tricks that you can use to create graphs that are use
less memory, see: Patrick Royston (2005) Stata tip 19: A way to
leaner, faster graphs. The Stata Journal, 5(2): 279.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen