Re: st: plotting a polynomial graph in STATA

From   Kirimi Sindi <>
Subject   Re: st: plotting a polynomial graph in STATA
Date   Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:01:58 -0500

Thank you very much. It works.

Austin Nichols wrote:
Like so?

sysuse auto, clear
reg mpg c.weight##c.weight##c.weight
predict mhat
sc mpg weight||line mhat weight, sort

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Kirimi Sindi <> wrote:
Dear all,

How do I plot a graph polynomial to show there is or no local inflection

I am running:

regress y  x  xsquared  xcubic

Is there a command after the regression to get STATA plot a graph?

The results shows there is no local inflection point but it would be nice to
see how the graph looks like.

*   For searches and help try:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.

Kirimi Sindi
PhD Candidate
Department of Agricultural,
Food, and Resource Economics