st: plotting a polynomial graph in STATA

From   Kirimi Sindi <>
Subject   st: plotting a polynomial graph in STATA
Date   Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:14:04 -0500

Dear all,

How do I plot a graph polynomial to show there is or no local inflection point?

I am running:

regress y  x  xsquared  xcubic

Is there a command after the regression to get STATA plot a graph?

The results shows there is no local inflection point but it would be nice to see how the graph looks like.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.

Kirimi Sindi
PhD Candidate
Department of Agricultural,
Food, and Resource Economics