Re: st: Plotting a Local Polynomial Regression with CIs Accounting for Clustering

From   L S <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Plotting a Local Polynomial Regression with CIs Accounting for Clustering
Date   Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:55:59 -0600

Thank you to Maarten for the suggestion on mvrs.  I think this seems
more intuitive / simpler than the fractional polynoimals.  Thanks a
lot also to everyone for the other suggestions.

The goal in doing this is actually not a regression discontinuity
design, but rather to see whether actual data seems to fall along a
line, which is predicted by theory.  That is, I want to plot actual
data against a theoretical prediction, plotting the actual data using
a flexible functional form, and plotting a 95% confidence intervals.

When people do regression discontinuity in Stata, what is the standard
(or some of the standard) way / command for plotting the functional
form on each side of the discontinuity?