Re: st: graphics complaints (Windows too)

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: graphics complaints (Windows too)
Date   Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:03:15 -0500

Dave wrote about Stata on OS X but I have a similar observation about
Stata on Windows, specifically concerning -twoway function-.

A y=x line drawn with -twoway function- is not as straight as a line
drawn with -twoway scatter, connect-. The difference can be
illustrated with the following commands.

. clear
. set obs 2
. gen x = .
. replace x = 0 in 1
. replace x = 100 in 2
. gen y = .
. replace y = 0 in 1
. replace y = 100 in 2
. twoway (scatter y x, connect(l) clwidth(thin)) (function y=x+1,
range(0 100) lwidth(thin)), aspect(1)

The -function- line is uneven and can indeed be described as "shocked
with electricity", to use Dave's words. Is it possible to draw a
-function- line as straight as a -scatter, connect- line?

Friedrich