RE: st: graphics complaints (Windows too)

From   "G Livesey" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: graphics complaints (Windows too)
Date   Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:05:32 -0000

Dear All,

I confirm Friedrich observation for my Windows system, and note that:

1) the connect line has a somewhat similar appearance, but steps in one
direction only at a lower regular frequency (unrelated to screen pixels).
2) the function line wavers at higher but irregular frequency (also
unrelated to pixels).

Such appears at all sizes of the graph window.

Such in STATA 11 SE, 21st Oct installation and updates, on MS Win XP (ado
versions noted below signature line).

I would support technical examination of this issue.

Geoff. Livesey.

Note also:

which twoway
C:\Program Files\Stata11\ado\base\t\twoway.ado
*! version 1.2.0  16apr2007

which scatter
C:\Program Files\Stata11\ado\base\s\scatter.ado
*! version 1.2.0  16apr2007

which range
C:\Program Files\Stata11\ado\base\r\range.ado
*! version 2.1.1  13dec1998