st: Re: graphics complaints

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: graphics complaints
Date   Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:02:22 -0500

David Airey (who started this thread) and I have agreed that the problems are arising in the identical version of Stata 11 for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6). They do not appear in its predecessor, Leopard (OS X 10.5), which is what I was using yesterday to produce graphics PDFs without apparent problems. Rerun on my Snow Leopard machine, they do.

On Nov 19, 2009, at 2:33 AM, I wrote:

> I doubt that there is much commonality in the code used to create
> Windows metafiles  and exporting graphs in OS X, which is David's
> problem. I just tried his two graph commands on up-to-date Stata 11
> for OS X (64-bit Intel, born 21 Oct 2009), with graph export as pdf,
> and the resulting PDFs look just fine to me.

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |