st: RE: RE: missing values

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: missing values
Date   Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:30:22 -0000

Thanks for the mention of -nmissing- (I am the author), which may well be of some use, but -mvpatterns- (also -findit-) sounds closer to what Rodrigo is looking for here.

In Stata 11, -misstable- is the thing to use.

Kieran McCaul

Have a look at -nmissing-.

It's user-written, so if you haven't already installed it, type -findit nmissing-

Rodrigo Briceño

I'm using windows XP and stata 9.2. I'm running some econometric
models and when I got the output I can see the number of observations
that were used in the estimation.
Since my database has several missing values for almost all variables
I would like to know if there is some command-function that allow me
to see which combination of variables will produce the regression with
the highest avaialble number of non-missing observations.

The procedure that I'm using to do this implies to quit and replace
variables and see how the number of observations used change.