st: RE: missing values

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: missing values
Date   Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:27:07 +0800

Have a look at -nmissing-.

It's user-written, so if you haven't already installed it, type -findit nmissing-

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2701
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made.
Very few people die past that age - George Burns

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Rodrigo Briceño
Sent: Wednesday, 18 November 2009 12:49 PM
Subject: st: missing values

Dear Stata listers.

I'm using windows XP and stata 9.2. I'm running some econometric
models and when I got the output I can see the number of observations
that were used in the estimation.
Since my database has several missing values for almost all variables
I would like to know if there is some command-function that allow me
to see which combination of variables will produce the regression with
the highest avaialble number of non-missing observations.

The procedure that I'm using to do this implies to quit and replace
variables and see how the number of observations used change.

thanks for your time

Rodrigo Briceño
+506  22-91-12-00 ext. 113   Office
+506  22-32-08-30                Fax