st: AW: help interpreting SVY output

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: help interpreting SVY output
Date   Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:38:23 +0100

Which "standard errors" are you referring to? -svyset- only declares the
design to Stata.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Tomeka Davis
Gesendet: Montag, 9. November 2009 22:33
Betreff: st: help interpreting SVY output

Hello -

This is my first time using the set of SVY commands in Stata and I have a
few questions.  When I use the syntax:

svyset psu [pweight=pw], strata (strata)

Stata 1) does not calculate the standard errors and 2) I  get a message
stating that standard errors are" missing because of stratum with single
sampling units".

Furthermore, I am also getting incorrect counts for my PSU.  There were
originally only 100 PSUs in my data.  However, I do get standard errors with
the following syntax:

svyset psu [pweight=pw], strata (strata) || _n, singleunit(certainty)

But I still get a 455 PSU count.  Again, I have never used SVY to account
for clustering and complex survey design. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.