Re: st: "append" option using outreg2

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: "append" option using outreg2
Date   Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:48:31 -0800

> I could try installing outreg again. Still, since I feel I am close to
> having my new code working, are you aware of any issue with using
> append with outreg2? Is there another command I should be using
> instead?

The original -outreg- should work fine on Stata 10. It should keep
working for a long, long time.

If you want to try -outreg2-, you should be able to work off from the
following example.

sysuse auto, clear
reg price mpg weight
outreg2 mpg using myfile, bfmt(e) bdec(3) replace 10pct
reg price mpg weight length
outreg2 mpg using myfile, bfmt(e) bdec(3) 10pct

bdec( ) needs to be specified in order to disable automatic formating,
which was ignoring the bfmt(e) input. This will be fixed in the next
update.

-append- and -se- are the default behavior in -outreg2-. You don't
need to specify them unless you want to.

You also don't need to specify -coefastr-. This is the default. But it
should have been made into an undocumented option like the other two,
so it doesn't keep getting rejected.

Roy