st: Non-normally distributed dependent variable for Random-Intercept Model and 2SLS

From   Christian Weiß <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Non-normally distributed dependent variable for Random-Intercept Model and 2SLS
Date   Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:22:13 -0500

Dear Statalist,

I am using a dependent variable which is almost, but according to the
respective tests, not normally distributed (even after transforming).

The dependent variable is used in in a Random-Intercept and a 2SLS
model and due to the non-normality I assume that the confidence
intervalls are biased.
Thus, I am wondering how to correct for the non-normality.

I heared about alternative methods to calculate the confidence
intervalls which will be valid also for non-normal distributed
variables (boostrapping and Tschebyscheff - I could not find an
implementation of the latter one in Stata though).

Also, I heared read somwhere in the statalist that the robus SE
options of xtmixed and ivreg2 might help to deal with this problem, is
that correct?

I am happy for any further suggestions and for tipps of any
implementation of the Tschebyscheff or Markov's method.

Best
Christian