st: AW: including "gen" in a "by"-command

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: including "gen" in a "by"-command
Date   Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:35:55 +0100

h statsby

is the easiest solution...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Regina Kemmler
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. November 2009 10:26
Betreff: st: including "gen" in a "by"-command

Dear Statalist,

I would like to conduct a clogit seperated by each household. So far so
good. My syntax is as follows:

sort hhnr
by hhnr: clogit DV IV1 IV2, group(hhnr)

Now as I am getting the beta coefficients for each household I would like to
add them as a variable to each household. Following syntax is not really
working, it just adds the last calculated beta coefficients to all

gen b1=_coef[ri]
gen b2=_coef[ri2]

Is there any possibility to include the gen command in the by command?
Your help as much appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Jetzt freischalten unter