st: including "gen" in a "by"-command

From   Regina Kemmler <>
Subject   st: including "gen" in a "by"-command
Date   Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:25:37 +0100

Dear Statalist,

I would like to conduct a clogit seperated by each household. So far so good. My syntax is as follows:

sort hhnr
by hhnr: clogit DV IV1 IV2, group(hhnr)

Now as I am getting the beta coefficients for each household I would like to add them as a variable to each household. Following syntax is not really working, it just adds the last calculated beta coefficients to all households:

gen b1=_coef[ri]
gen b2=_coef[ri2]

Is there any possibility to include the gen command in the by command?
Your help as much appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Jetzt freischalten unter