RE: st: re: creating number of days per month

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: re: creating number of days per month
Date   Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:50:32 -0000

It would help many if you could give a picture of the form of your
original data.

The error message you quote implies immediately a solution to your
problem: create a pseudo-time variable that has distinct values within
each panel. That will fool -tsset-, but it's only a minor issue.

The major issues are bundled together:

Why do you want to -tsset- with this kind of data?
What commands do you wish to run after -tsset-?
What is the implication for your analyses of panels that are almost
instantaneous?

Rajaram Subramanian Potty

When I run with my original data, I get the following error after the
tsset command.

tsset patientid date
repeated time values within panel

This may be due to the fact that, some patients may be discharged on
the same day of admission.

How to resolve this issue, if the patient is discharged on the same
day as admission.