st: AW: Suppress col total in tab2, tabout?

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Suppress col total in tab2, tabout?
Date   Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:04:22 +0100

So -tab2way- is a -ssc- command, but I do not see the -nototal- thing in

Have you had a look at the -estout- suite of commands, in particular
-estpost tabulate-? See in particular

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Kaulisch, Marc
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. November 2009 10:59
Betreff: st: Suppress col total in tab2, tabout?

I would like to know if there anre any opportunities to suppress the col
totals in a two-way tab?

I would like to have a table such as:

rowvar	colvar
		1	2	3
		n %	n %	n %

If I do a tab rowvar colvar I do get the col total. At least with h tab2 I
do not see an option to suppress the col total. Is that correct?

With -tabout- I have the option to suppress the row total per panel
(ptotal(none)) but not the col total. Or am I misreading something?

With -tab2way- I can generate a table without the col total but the
frequency and percentage are not in different columns. Is there an option to
change this I do not see?

At best I would love to see the nototal-function of -tab2way- in -tabout- in
order to design a table as best as possible before exporting to a Word

Institut für Forschungsinformation und Qualitätssicherung
Godesberger Allee 90
53175 Bonn, Germany
Tel.: *49 - 228 - 9 72 73 - 25
Fax: *49 - 228 - 9 72 73 - 49