Re: st: GLLAMM using weights

Subject   Re: st: GLLAMM using weights
Date   Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:17:46 -0500

For -gllamm-, you actually provide the prefix rather than the full
name with the -weight- option. Hence, you should have as many weight
variables as you have levels (if your lowest level is the actual
response, rather than a variable in a latent variable system with many
dependent variables). Ideally, you should have the weights for all the
levels, but if you don't (most likely), define the level 1 weights as
the sampling weights from CPS, and all other weights, as 1:

gen wgt1 = <name of CPS weight variable>
gen wgt2 = 1
gllamm ... , ... weight( wgt )

For some models, it is the relative ratios of the weights that
matters. Some refs:
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/850244,
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/711637,
https://www.amstat.org/sections/srms/Proceedings/y2006/Files/JSM2006-000347.pdf