st: GLLAMM using weights

From   Doug Hess <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GLLAMM using weights
Date   Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:31:20 -0500

I wish to use the weights provided in the Current Population Survey's
supplements to analyze binary responses by individuals (and sometimes
by households); I wish to use -gllamm- because the units are clustered
in states and I wish to test the impact of policies that vary by
states. However if I use the -weight(VAR)- command following the
-gllamm- commands, it says the weight variables cannot be found.

I guess I am naively using the -weight- command and the weight
variables just as I would if the command was -iweight- when analyzing
the data in -logit- without the clustering. Is this the wrong way to
think of this? Any solutions? (The CPS weights are ten digits long
including four decimal places).

Thanks for any leads.

Doug Hess
PhD Candidate, Public Policy