st: "Estimates diverging" error message in -xtlogit, pa-

From   Thomas Klausch <>
Subject   st: "Estimates diverging" error message in -xtlogit, pa-
Date   Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:39:25 +0200

Dear list members,

When estimating a population averaged (marginal) model with -xtlogit,
pa- I receive the error message "estimates diverging (missing
predictions)". This happens only if I use an unstructured correlation

I am analysing unbalanced panel data with missing observations for
many individuals. I suppose this could be an explanation. What,
however, would be a suitable solution, switching to an exchangeable
structure? Or shouldn't I use marginal models in unbalanced panels?