Re: st: re: Error with MIM installed command

From   Victor C Van Hee <>
Subject   Re: st: re: Error with MIM installed command
Date   Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:09:51 -0700

I ran into this same problem, and I think I fixed it. Seems like it has something to do with the permissions on the system-wide tmp directory not being compatible with mim.

Following the instructions at:

I made a new temporary directory for Stata in a place where I have full permissions:
mkdir /usr/local/stata/tmp
chmod 755 /usr/local/stata/tmp

Then I added the line
export STATATMP="/usr/local/stata/tmp"
to my ~/.bash_profile file

Log out and back into a terminal window or type:
export STATATMP="/usr/local/stata/tmp"
at the command line, and it just works!