st: AW: xtmelogit

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: xtmelogit
Date   Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:47:56 +0200

You can -lrtest- these models against each other, as they seem to be nested:

webuse bangladesh, clear
xtmelogit c_use  || district:
est store verysimple
xtmelogit c_use urban age child* || district:
est store simple
xtmelogit c_use urban age child* || district: urban
lrtest . verysimple
lrtest simple verysimple
lrtest . simple

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Jackson, Theron
Keith (UMSL-Student)
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Oktober 2009 06:31
Betreff: st: xtmelogit

I am running xtmelogit for a model. I am having trouble understanding the
different components of the output.  I figured out how to get the variance
in the output.
My syntax reads like the following:
(Model 1) xtmelogit DV || InterceptVariable, variance

(Model 2) xtmelogit DV Level 1Variables ||InterceptVariable, variance

(Model 3) xtmelogit DV Level 1Variables ||InterceptVariable Level 2
Variables, variance

Do I go off the LR Test V. Logistic on the bottom for significance or do I
look at the significance level of the constant on each model to determine if
I can proceed with the next model?

Any help would be much appreciated.