Re: st: stcrreg: startifications and median survival?

From   Michael McCulloch <>
Subject   Re: st: stcrreg: startifications and median survival?
Date   Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:23:32 -0700

Dear Wei,
For stratified analysis, you could run -stcrreg- separately for each
stratum, using:
	an -if- statement such as "if group==1" within the -stcrreg- command
line, or
	first issuing "keep if group==1" prior to -stcrreg-.

I'm not sure about your competing causes question as I am using Stata

On Oct 14, 2009, at 2:00 AM, Wei Xun wrote:

> Dear Statalister:
> I apologise if this has been asked before but my search in the
> archives did not return any relevant results.
> I am currently trying to estimating the effects of certain exposures
> on mortality from specific cancers where a large proportion of deaths
> occur from other causes. The new command stcrreg in STATA 11 has been
> most useful.
> However, I noticed that unlike stcox, stcrreg does not allow any
> stratification terms within the model. Are there any particular
> reasons why this not possible? I am aware of the fact that the power
> will be significantly reduced.
> Also my second problem is that I also would like to calculate the
> median survival time after the adjustment for competing causes. The
> stci command which works with stcox does  not extent to stcrreg. Could
> I alternatively use stcompt to calculate the cumulative incidence
> curve and estimate it from the point of 50%?
> Thank you in advance.
> Kind regards
> Wei Xun
> *