Re: st: STATA help needed urgently

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: STATA help needed urgently
Date   Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:52:44 +0100

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Julia Korosteleva
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have trouble with importing data with .CSV format into STATA. I've done
> this already twice, by importing it directly into STATA and by using Stata
> transfer. Once I run summary statistics of imported data the output shows
> 0 obs for each single imported variables with exception of year. Could you
> please explain what I am doing wrong.

Its probably because you are reading all of your variables, bar year,
in as strings.

However, you would do well to read the Statalist FAQ
(http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq) and providing a short
example of your data (top couple of lines) along with the commands you
are using in Stata and the output they produce as this is the level of
detail required to provide more insightful answers/solutions.

Oh yes, whilst this may be URGENT for you I very much doubt it is for
anyone else, so there's really no need for the qualifier.

Neil

--
"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/