st: Re: Decomposing logistic regression

From   Mike Lacy <>
Subject   st: Re: Decomposing logistic regression
Date   Thu, 08 Oct 2009 15:02:36 -0600

Rajaram Subramanian Potty <<>> wrote:

>Is there any decomposition programme to decompose the results from a
>logistic model in STATA. In oterwords, is there a programme to
>estimate the within and between variation of the variables used in >the logistic model after the model fit.

I wrote an article on such a thing for the more general ordinal case, with a citation and link to a program (which gives the analogue of SSwin and SSbtwn). I have described this previously on Statlist in another context: See

Mike Lacy
Fort Collins CO USA
(970) 491-6721 office