RE: st: RE: Adjusting Range of Graph

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Adjusting Range of Graph
Date   Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:34:15 +0100

Stata does not support transparency. I wish it did so that I could play
with it. At the same time, I have the niggling suspicion that
transparency is greatly overrated. If you have so much data that your
data points overlap greatly, your main need is not to change the graph
format but to supplement the graph with suitable summaries, typically
smooths of various kinds.

It may be that supporting transparency on all platforms that Stata
supports is problematic.

However ---

I don't see what that's got to do with adjusting range, and -if- isn't
the answer I have to say that I evidently don't understand your original
question. Perhaps you want some kind of zooming. Basically, anything
important is documented, so if it's not evident it doesn't exist.

javanfish (Sungbok Lee)

Thanks, Nick.

I did that, but as you know, -if- in graph is just about filtering the
values.
What I want is to cut off the graph as I set the range of y axis which
may
be not supported by STATA.com
Sometimes, we need to magnify the graph as we want to see. It's a way to
cut
off the range.

Further, it will be better for STATA to support alpha(transparency)
where
overlapping twoway graph.

Nick Cox

> I don't know what "screte" means here, but you should use -if- or -in-
> or equivalent restrictions to omit values.

javanfish (a.k.a. Sungbok Lee)