st: re: memory allocation problem

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: memory allocation problem
Date   Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:45:34 +0200

If it's a windows PC it "smells" like the undivided address room"
problem documented in

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/win/winmemory.html

Kit Baum already mentioned that link.

I had the same problem some time ago:

***********
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-12/msg00003.html

"Stata support helped me in this case. They told me that Stata needs an
undivided adress room for memory allocation and sometimes other software
loads dll's somewhere in between.

The asked me to list the loaded dll's using:

http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ListDlls.zip

and send the output in. From the list they could see that it was some
dll of
my PGP-Software that caused the memory limit. With PGP closed I have 1,2
GB.
So perhaps some trial and error closing of other software and autoloaded
services could help very quickly."

Stefan