Re: st: statistical significance of cut points in ordered logit

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <>
Subject   Re: st: statistical significance of cut points in ordered logit
Date   Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:26:59 -0400

Thanks for the tip, Maarten.

In an example, Williams ignores the p-values for the cut points ("thresholds"), and neither cut point is statistically significant at the .05 level. I guess that's an implicit endorsement for the notion that the p-values for cut points don't matter.

I've found a number of helpful discussions on the web and in texts of how the cut points should be interpreted, but none comment on p-values (or confidence intervals) for the cut points.