st: Procedure stcox fails in Stata 10

From   "Grealy, Patrick J" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Procedure stcox fails in Stata 10
Date   Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:20:12 -0500

Did I corrupt my Stata install or has anyone else noticed a problem with stcox all of a sudden? After applying latest updates, Oct 1 version, the stcox procedure fails to execute. For example:

. version
version 10.1

. update all

> update ado
(contacting http://www.stata.com)
ado-files already up to date

> update utilities
(contacting http://www.stata.com)
utilities already up to date

> update executable
(contacting http://www.stata.com)
executable already up to date

. webuse kva
(Generator experiment)

. stset failtime

     failure event:  (assumed to fail at time=failtime)
obs. time interval:  (0, failtime]
 exit on or before:  failure

       12  total obs.
        0  exclusions
       12  obs. remaining, representing
       12  failures in single record/single failure data
      896  total analysis time at risk, at risk from t =         0
                             earliest observed entry t =         0
                                  last observed exit t =       140

. stcox drug age
invalid syntax