Re: st: Trend, Cycles and Seasonality in Time series

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Trend, Cycles and Seasonality in Time series
Date   Wed, 30 Sep 2009 01:43:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 29/9/09, wrote:
> I'm working on terrorism incident data from 1970-2007
> aggregated on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. I'm
> interested to know trend, cycles, and seasonality in the
> data. Can you please tell me some simple but reliable
> procedure in STATA. I would also like to display the trend
> and cycles, seasonality on graph.

You could look at the various filtering techniques out there,
see in Stata the entries returned by -findit filter-, or the
talk by Kit Baum at the 2006 UK Stata Users' Group meeting:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen