Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files
Date   Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:11:50 +0100

On 24 MFómh 2009, at 15:02, raoul reulen wrote:

Dear all,

I received around 100 different do-files from a colleague, but the
path name in each do-file is different from my computer because the
do-files were on a different computer. Is there any easy way to change
the path in each do-file without having to physically open each
do-file and replace the path name?

This is a case for a search and destroy text editor. Any of the better text editors are capable of carrying out find and replace operations over all the files in a folder, or set of folders (such a command is called search and destroy, since the capability for utter chaos is huge).

See the text editor FAQ at

Ronan Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)

P    Before printing, think about the environment