Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files

From   Ronan Conroy <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files
Date   Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:11:50 +0100

On 24 MFómh 2009, at 15:02, raoul reulen wrote:

Dear all,

I received around 100 different do-files from a colleague, but the
path name in each do-file is different from my computer because the
do-files were on a different computer. Is there any easy way to change
the path in each do-file without having to physically open each
do-file and replace the path name?

This is a case for a search and destroy text editor. Any of the better text editors are capable of carrying out find and replace operations over all the files in a folder, or set of folders (such a command is called search and destroy, since the capability for utter chaos is huge).

See the text editor FAQ at http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html

Ronan Conroy

[email protected]
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)
http://rcsi.academia.edu/RonanConroy

P    Before printing, think about the environment