st: RE: adjusted counts after xtmepoisson

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: adjusted counts after xtmepoisson
Date   Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:47:46 +0200

Have you thought about the -fixedonly- option for -predict-?

webuse epilepsy, clear
xtmepoisson seizures treat lbas lbas_trt lage visit || subject: visit
margins, predict(fixedonly) at(treat=(0 1) visit=(-.3(0.2).3))

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Montag, 21. September 2009 18:25
Subject: st: adjusted counts after xtmepoisson

I am running a crossed random effects model using xtmepoisson, after
which I want to generate estimated counts and confidence intervals at
different levels of X1 and X2.  The documentation suggests that the
new "margins" command should be able to handle this -- it is listed as
an option after xtmepoisson -- but I get the error message: "default
prediction is a function of possibly stochastic quantities other than
e(b)".  Using the "force" option only generates the error message:
"data have changed since estimation"

xtmepoisson y x1 x2 || _all:R_group_j || group_i:, mle
(output omitted)
margins, predict(mu) atmeans